Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Star Trek DVD Out November 17

This has been quite a wild ride. After five years without any Star Trek whatsoever, we are now primed for the release of the Star Trek (2009) DVD in just a few weeks. And, obviously, I am pretty excited.

Among the more interesting elements that the new DVD (and Blu-Ray) will possess will be several deleted scenes, including some more footage of Kirk with the Orion girl, as well as J.J.'s feature commentary. I am also hearing that Paramount is prepping the film for a run at some Oscars, though, honestly, I am not sure where they are heading with that.

I mean, as much as I loved the movie, I don't really think that Star Trek is Oscar worthy except maybe for the special effects. You can pre-order the DVD on Amazon right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment